I cannot believe it is Day 31 of 31 Days of Seeking God!
Here is a recap of everything we have been challenged with this month:
1. The importance of intentionally seeking God. (Day 1 and Day 2)
2. The importance of unplugging and having silence and solitude before the Lord. (Day 3 and Day 25)
3. The importance of trusting God fully in times of seeking. (Day 4)
4. The importance of keeping the Gospel center of all that you do. (Day 5)
4. The importance of being flexible and realizing that life throws us curve balls. (Day 7 and Day 8)
5. The importance of waiting on the Lord during these times. (Day 9)
6. The importance of prayer. (Day 10, Day 18, Day 15 and Day 19)
7. The importance of letting the love of Christ control us. (Day 11)
8. The importance of worshiping and surrendering all. (Day 16 and Day 17)
9. The importance of fasting. (Day 21)
10. The importance of being in God’s Word and hiding it in your heart. (Day 22 and Day 24)
11. The importance of community and seeking wise godly counsel. (Day 26 and Day 29)
12. The importance of journaling. (Day 28)
About halfway through this process, I blogged about the lessons I was learning in seeking God. I have realized the lessons still have not changed. Here, again, is what I learned through this journey:
1. This wasn’t an easy road…
This was a challenge for me in every way. First it was a challenge to carve out time to write everyday. A good challenge, but a challenge. Second, it was a challenge to live out what I was writing. Actually putting all this into practice was difficult, and I failed. A lot.
2. But God is faithful!
I am thankful that God is so faithful, even when I fail. He has been so near over this past month. He has guided me, even when I can’t see the next step in front of me. God has spoken truth through His Word, my prayer time, and through godly counsel. I do not deserve His faithfulness. The funny thing about God’s faithfulness, is that it makes me want to be even more faithful to Him! I love how that works.